Sunday, September 26, 2010

New York is a place where you can experience every culture in the world. Its a huge pot where all different cultures and backgrounds mixed together.
For me personally it was a big shock, when i first came to New York four years ago. Everything seemed so different, so odd.
We all know the saying "Time is precious". I believe it applies to everyone, without exceptions. But i never really understood the meaning of it up until i came here. Between full-time work and full time school I practically don't have time for myself, to do things i like and see people i love. Your life here just flies in front of your eyes.
Back in my country people also work and go to school, but to me life there is a bit relaxed and not so tense. People are not in a rush. Everything follows its natural course. You get to spend enough time with your family, you get to do things you like.
At the beginning it was very hard for me to pick up this pace, to adjust to it. But now it seems like i always used to be on a run.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nazira. You are 100 % right saying that here in NY people are always in a rush. In my country,Moldova, where I was born the life is more relaxed. People spend more time with their families. And sometimes I really miss that lefe rhythm:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nazira, I hope you could spend more meaningful time with your friends and familly. I would say "you have your own pace.":D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nazira, As a local New Yorker It's always funny to hear that we're always in a rush. I used to think the fast paced life is how everybody lived, but i soon learned that around the world, as in your home country, people make family time and/or time to relax part of their day. I guess growing up as a New Yorker I was born into the fast paced system and never gave thought to a day where i could just lay back... wouldn't that be the life.

    btw which country are you from? don't think you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nazira
    The one thing that I miss being in Ny is the time i spent with my family and freinds back at home. You are right, even with all the rush in my country you still get to spend quality time with the people you love.

    ReplyDelete